The Philippines is my favorite country on earth, and in my opinion, the most overlooked country in Asia. Let’s start with a video that explains why I love the Philippines so much.
For everyone who asks me “What’s your favorite country?”… My answer is THE PHILIPPINES!
I’ve been here 12 times since 2014, and I just moved to Manila for summer because I just can’t get enough of the friendly people, beautiful nature, relaxing lifestyle and mouth-watering food (hello sinigang)!!
Have you ever been to the Philippines? What are your top 3 favorite islands? (mine are Siquijor, Palawan & Bohol). Feel free to ask me any questions about the Philippines in the comments below, and I’ll answer you.
LIKE Drew Binsky for more travel videos 🙂 and for more inspiration on the Philippines, check out Department of Tourism – Philippines, Cebu Pacific Air, When In Manila and Choose Philippines!
Music: Ben Sound
Posted by Drew Binsky on Monday, June 19, 2017
I always hear travelers talking about visiting Thailand, Bali and Vietnam in South East Asia before considering the Philippines… That needs to change!
I have been to Paradise (A.K.A. The Philippines) more than 12 times, and each time I go back, I love it more. I am currently living in Manila for summer because I can’t get enough!
The smiling faces, picture-perfect beaches, natural landscapes and relaxing lifestyle is hard to beat anywhere in the world.
I’ve explored about 15 Filipino islands (which is only 0.2% of the total islands in this country), as well as spent time in both major cities of Manila and Cebu. I’m absolutely in love with everything about this tropical wonderland called the Philippines, and I urge you to add this country to your bucket list.
I mean, the country’s slogan is, “It’s more fun in the Philippines” — so isn’t that proof that the opportunities are endless in this country?!
Here are 20 Reasons Why You Need to Visit The Philippines
1. There are 7,107 islands to explore
2. It’s tropical with crystal clear ocean water & a warm climate
3. The people are the friendliest I’ve ever met
4. It’s extremely affordable (about 1/5th as cheap as NYC)
5. You can drink fresh coconut juice anywhere
6. You can enjoy some of the best scuba diving in the world
7. You can hike volcanoes like the Mayon Volcano
8. You can ride in a Jeepney for $0.07 (decorated public buses)
9. You can get a one-hour body massage for $5USD or less
10. You can visit the chocolate hills of Bohol
11. You don’t have to worry about a language barrier, because everyone speaks fluent English
12. You can enjoy year-round sunshine
13. You can eat “lechon” – or suckling roasted pig (the national dish)
14. You will always be greeted with a “Hello Sir” or “Hello Ma’am“
15. You can go island hopping in a bamboo boat (which are used everywhere)
16. You can rent a motorbike and explore for less than $4USD per day
17. You can try exotic foods like balut – boiled duck embryo or Soup #5 – bull’s testicles
18. You can swim with whale sharks in Oslob
19. You can visit incredible waterfalls like this one called Tumalog Falls in Cebu
20. You can stay there forever because it’s just that incredible!
I hope you get the chance to visit this amazing country. I promise you that it will go above and beyond your expectations!